Associate - Flood Risk and Drainage
- Post Date:10th October 2018
- Views 268
- Offered Salary £50,000+Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Associate – Flood Risk and Drainage
Interested in a new challenge within a prominent flood risk and drainage design team? A leading engineering and planning consultancy are looking to take on an ambitious flood risk and drainage engineer at an associate level. This is an exciting opportunity for a capable project manager with aspirations to grow a team and develop a client base.
Role & Company:
You will be attending site visits and meetings with clients, consultants and contractors, operating your own projects as well as actively managing a small team. Using your knowledge of drainage specifications and designs, you will be producing FWS and SWS designs to support Section 98, 104, 106 and 185 agreements. Our client is looking for an individual who is willing to get involved in every aspect of the role, including managing technical and financial aspects of projects and utilising your strong professional network to grow the business as a whole.
You will be joining a successful and expanding Transport Planning, Infrastructure Design and Environmental consultancy with a strong reputation within the industry. The company offers a competitive salary with generous benefits including a unique profit share scheme bonus.
Qualifications & Experience:
The Flood Risk and Drainage associate will have;
- CEng or IEng Member of a relevant professional institution
- Experience of detailed design and the management of detailed design projects, including client liaison and invoicing
- A track record of delivering Flood Risk Assessments (FRA’s), drainage reports and strategies to support outline and detailed planning applications.
- Experience of preparing project hazard and risk assessments
- Experience in using relevant design packages AutoCAD, MicroDrainage (WinDes).
- An understanding of Planning Decision Notices, S106 and S38/278 Agreements.
- Have a knowledge of construction phasing and methods of construction. Demonstrable experience and understanding of CDM and its application in construction projects is also desirable, as is a CSCS qualification.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for a competent flood risk and drainage engineer looking to develop their career in a supporting environment. You will work closely with the team’s Director to develop your technical and managerial skills and with time, be encouraged to develop and lead your own flood risk and drainage team.