- Post Date:17th April 2019
- Views 163
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client for a Geo-environmental Engineer to join the team based in Oxford
Our client are an established and well known practice of Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants, undertaken site investigations, desk studies, geotechnical engineering assessment, investigations of chemical and gaseous contaminated sites and building fabric surveys. The successful Geo-environmental engineer will be working throughout the South East.
As a Geo-environmental Engineer with our client you will hold a Degree (minimum B.Sc./B.Eng.) and experience(2 years minimum)n in a similar role. Your principal duties of the role will comprise:
* Planning, managing and delivering projects
* Undertake desk study assessments of land under consideration for development.
* Attending site during the investigation process to direct fieldwork, record trial hole and borehole, undertake insitu testing, organise and retain soil samples for future analysis.
* Assess retained soil samples, prepare samples for laboratory testing, receive results and analyse and record results.
* Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental reports including undertaking contamination assessments, determining the remedial strategies and validating remediation schemes and reporting on associated matters.
* Prepare factual and interpretive geotechnical reports assessing the geotechnical constraints on future development, impacts on construction materials and techniques, and providing solutions/design parameters for sub-structure options related to the development proposals.
* Advising, liaising and developing working relationships with clients, design team professionals, approval bodies and individuals on project matters.
* Developing management and mentoring skills and assisting junior members of staff
* Basic budget analysis during projects
Upon joining our client as a Geo-Environmental engineer you will not only gain the chance to work within a team that will allow you to progress you career but you will benefit from an extensive benefits package and competitive salary.
If this role sounds like it could be for you, please contact Neil of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100. Alternatively, you can email a copy of your CV to email@example.com